3/10/23 Most Frequently asked Questions
Birmingham City Council have published the following on their website:
The Ladywood Estate Regeneration Scheme is Birmingham's most significant housing regeneration and redevelopment opportunity in the last generation.
The estate is a short walk from Birmingham's city centre and is near commercial, business and tourist areas west of Birmingham's city centre.
Covering around 60 hectares, the Ladywood Estate is a 1960s residential housing development that is home to over 5,000 residents.
The vision of this scheme is to create a neighbourhood that is:
- family focused
- set within a high-quality environment
- connected by streets and public spaces
- supported by local amenities and facilities
The £2.2 billion scheme, which will take 20 years to complete, aims to provide:
- affordable homes
- fully refitted and refurbished tower blocks
- open spaces, including play areas and parks
- new community facilities such as schools, healthcare facilities, and community spaces
- better connected public transport amenities
- improved walking and cycling routes
- jobs and training opportunities
- funding for community projects
The download can be found underneath.